So your presents are all bought and annual leave booked. All there is to look forward to now is relaxing with the family or friends, eating too much and watching all the Christmas specials on TV.
So you load your car up with gifts and set off on your journey. Perhaps just a few miles away of a few counties away. Would you be disappointed if your car broke down? Would you berate yourself for failing to do a few simple checks. It’s easier than waiting for the breakdown recovery service to find you on Christmas day!
10 top tips to get you ready for winter which you may not have thought about.
1. Carry an ice scraper and de-icer spray.
2. Ensure there is the correct amount of antifreeze in your cooling system.
3. Ensure your washer bottle is topped up with water and screen-wash solution to stop it freezing.
4. Check wiper blades and replace if worn.
5. Check tyres, 1.6mm is the legal limit 3mm minimum is recommended. Also check for signs of uneven wear. Click here for a short how-to video
6. Have car battery checked and be aware of engine turning over slowly when starting.
7. As with all times of the year regularly check all the fluid levels.
8. Make sure your car has been serviced and maintained up to the correct level.
9. Check all lightbulbs are working
10. Things to keep in your car just in case!! Mobile phone charger, waterproof/warm coat, gloves, boots, torch, water, chocolate bar, shovel, warning triangle, hi-visibility vest.
One of the best independent garages I have come across. Will definitely continue the relationship. Thank you for the fantastic service. ”
I had a very complicated problem with my audi a3, in regards to a problem with the EGR valve. I felt that RussellautomotiveCentre customer experience was excellent...Hiran P- July 2013 London
Thanks to Russell Automotive Centre for fantastic service, honest advice, quality work and value for money.
Every motorist needs a trusting/reliable garage to turn to and I think I’ve found mine. I would recommend Russell Automotive Centre to any motorist.Maurice C - April 2013 London
Perfect service and professionalism from the staff at Russell Automotive CentreAngus C - March 2013 London