Get a £10 First Time User Voucher redeemable against any service or repair when you sign up to our newsletter – Click here to sign it
The rules about tax disc changes come into force on the 1st October 2014. We have compiled a list of the changes every vehicle owner should be aware of.
1) On the 1st October 2014 you no longer need to display your tax disc in your vehicle windscreen.
2) When you sell your vehicle you can no longer say for example ‘6 months tax left’. The tax does not automatically transfer to the new owner.
3) When you sell your car the new owner will need to apply for tax straight away.
4) When you sell your car you can reclaim any tax still remaining from the DVLA who will send you a refund.
5) When you sell your vehicle its your responsibility to inform the DVLA of the transfer of ownership. Failure to do this may result in a fine.
For more information see this helpful post from the Post Office http://www.postoffice.co.uk/vehicle-tax/changes